In scouring the news the past few days, we came across an article posted on RT, discussing whether or not a member country of the EU (currently Greece) can leave at will. It’s an interesting issue, and one that brings the following questions to mind:
- Can a member country of the Euro Zone leave at will?
- Are there mechanisms currently established to enable this?
- How does a country actually leave the EU?
- Are member countries, required to be members for life?
- What are the penalties and consequences for leaving? Read more