Image by: WiseGeek
Hello Everyone, we hope all of you are in good health, prospering and productive. You may have heard people talk about it before, and nothing has happened since 2008…yet. As many of you know, earlier in my business career, I was a financial consultant for two large Wall Street Investment firms. Over the past two decades, I have further expanded my breadth of knowledge and experience in business consulting for various business disciplines. During which time I have also kept my hand on the pulse of the economic and financial world in which we have to live and navigate through. Over the last three decades, I have seen and lived through several financial crises of which, by the grace of God, using some good common sense and incorporating some solid forecasting advice, I was 100% in cash 3-6 months PRIOR to the dot-com crash and the 2008-2009 crash. (Please note: We are NOT investment advisers, nor are we giving investment advice.) We’re simply sharing with you, our readers, how some proactive planning on your part may help you, your family and your business prepare for the coming economic crisis. Thus, the title…”Warning – The Coming Economic Crisis.”
Over the years, I’ve noticed one important trend…the crises are getting worse as they come along. The 2008-2009 crises literally brought the world to its knees…being within weeks if not days of a complete global financial banking melt-down. Eight years later, I believe we are on the cusp of yet another, more severe economic crises that will forever change the world and how we transact business. Nearly every person I speak with (business professionals and non-professionals alike) are completely uninformed about what happened leading up to the 2008 crisis, and have no clear understanding of what actually caused the economic crisis in 2008. Most people simply believe it was about too many sub-prime home mortgages defaulting…really? Do you honestly believe that was the true cause of almost bringing down the global financial system? This post is not about explaining what happened in 2008 because that has already passed, and many have written about it. Rather, we want to focus on what looms ahead and how you can prepare for it. I know what you’re thinking… Things seem to be be better than they were a few years ago, and in many areas they are. However, when you look at the foundations…the fundamentals of what support the global economy and not simply look at the short-term surface results, the picture is quite different. We (GMS Business Consulting) feel like we’re all living economically on borrowed time. Simply ask yourself the following questions:
- Are near-zero interest rates a sign of a weak or strong economy?
- Why has the Federal Reserve been so hawkish in raising interest rates for 8 years if the economy were as strong as reported, and so cautious this year about raising interest rates 1/4 of 1 percent?
- Does a 25 basis point interest rate hike really threaten a healthy economy?
- Would you or any reasonably-minded person or business man refuse to make a purchase because of a 25 basis point hike in interest rates? (I don’t believe so, unless that person is already at their 95% affordability index.)
- So the questions begs an answer to: Why is the Fed so cautious and reluctant to raise interest rates by 25 basis points once or twice a year? What do they know that we don’t know…and are not telling us?
- How do you get good financial information/perspective/forecasting, and not dumbed-down propaganda?
ANSWERS: You have to do your homework. You have to dig a little bit outside the mainstream sources of information. You have to become financial and political atheists when it comes to seeking sources of good/reputable information. You need to let go of the mainstream media sources like the CNN’s/FOX’s/NYTimes/Wall Street Journals etc. Not that they’re bad, but I just don’t recall these sources effectively ringing the warning bells of prior crises or of the future looming crisis. They’re pretty good at telling you what “happened” once the crises began, but not too effective about warning the public and accurately describing the lead-up to the crises themselves. Perhaps they did provide some tid-bits of warning in isolated sound bites, but I personally don’t recall receiving my sources of preparedness of previous crises coming from these sources.
Given where we are economically and politically, there are a few sources that we believe have been credible over the years that we share with family and friends, that we would like to share with you… Keep in mind these sources are not perfect/all-knowing/faultless etc., but they have good, long, solid records of experience and forecasting. We would suggest starting with these, then branch out and seek more on your own. Evaluate how they compare with your current sources. If you “really” want to seek understanding of the economic and financial condition we’re living in, then you must give-up your biases, and seek truth and understanding. Only then will you be able to clearly understand the facts as they are, and not as they’re reported or appear to be. Then, you will be better prepared to engage in strategic planning for yourself, your family and your business to survive the coming economic crisis. We have found the following 5 sources to be very credible in economic, financial and political perspectives and forecasting. You may not agree with them on each point, however the key is…to better build your sources of independent information to give you a balanced perspective from which to make better informed decisions.
- JIM RICKARDS (Attorney & Financial Expert – About Jim) – View these interviews to understand his perspective regarding the coming economic crisis ahead at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfiJMMxSv3o http://icradio.co.uk/icr-142-james-rickards-road-ruin/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rhm0Zm-J4k and https://youtu.be/MhR_AkfFfZ0
- NOMI PRINS (Former Goldman Sachs Director/Financial Expert/Author/Speaker) – View her bio here: http://www.nomiprins.com/ and view her recent interview of the coming economic crisis here: http://kingworldnews.com/financial-crack-up-nomi-prins-warns-when-the-system-crashes-this-time-it-will-crash-harder/
- DR. PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS (Economist/Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury/Author) – Visit his blog with interviews and articles at: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/pages/about-paul-craig-roberts/
- GERALD CELENTE (Renowned Trend Forecaster) – You can view his website and subscribe to his newsletter at: http://trendsresearch.com/ (Mr. Celente is very passionate, a political atheist, and very knowledgeable. Focus on “what” he says, not “how” he says or expresses his views).
- JOHN WILLIAMS (Economist) – To better understand the “real” or true economic numbers reported to the public, John Williams strips away the non-sense used in massaging the economic indicators by government officials and mainstream media, and provides bare-bones numbers that more accurately reflect the state of the economy. Visit his web site at: http://www.shadowstats.com/
CONCLUSION: As we’ve mentioned, we believe we are on the cusp of another economic crisis of which we’ve never seen in our lifetimes. Does that mean you should sell everything/close shop/stay inside/do nothing? Absolutely not…it simply means get informed…better informed so that you can make better decisions on how to better prepare and protect your family and business once this crisis unfolds. The sources I listed are simply the sources we have found outside of the mainstream media sources that have proven valuable to us over the last two decades. There are many more sources out there…too many for us to list, and you too will find others as well if you do your homework. Remember, you don’t have to agree with them on everything, simply listen to what they have to say, test their knowledge and perspectives, consult with your current advisers, and then make your own decision. We simply didn’t want to let time go by and an opportunity slip away to warn our readers of what concerns us personally and professionally of what we see coming on the horizon, and to not take the opportunity to share our perspectives along with a few reputable sources. Please don’t wait to do your planning now…the coming economic crisis isn’t waiting for you…
GMS BUSINESS CONSULTING – provides lawyers and business professionals with Accounting Services, Business Development Services, Business Optimization Services and Digital Marketing Services to help business professionals successfully organize, grow and operate their businesses more effectively and efficiently. We do NOT provide investment advice. Contact us if you are interested in learning more about our services, and in particular, about our M.A.P. (our 3-phase business development solution) to help you strategically focus and tactically grow your business. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.